Time: 12 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups or 4 large handfuls baby spinach, rinsed and pat dry
1. In large sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes.
3. Add spinach one handful at a time, stirring frequently.
4. Continue adding spinach as space becomes available in pan and cook until wilted, about 8-10 minutes.
**This recipe was developed exclusively for the Canola Council of Canada**
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Green, garlic-y and great for you! Popeye’s fave food is made easy, fast and delish in this recipe. We know spinach is famous for the iron it contains, but don’t forget about the vitamins A, C and E! The high antioxidant levels in spinach help you fight wrinkles, the common cold and keep you smart by helping your brain to stay healthy. Spinach is packed with a multitude of nutrients including vitamins A, C, E, and K as well as the B complex vitamins. The high fiber content in spinach helps you maintain bowel regularity, and also helps you lower cholesterol levels, making this a perfect accompaniment to any meal. So, go on, eat spinach tonight!