Time: 12 minutes
- 2 packages (10 ounces) brussels sprouts, rinsed and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
1. In large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon canola oil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt and parmesan cheese.
2. Transfer to baking sheet that has been coated with canola oil cooking spray and roast for 10 minutes until tender, turning every 2-3 minutes.
**This recipe was developed exclusively for the Canola Council of Canada**
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
This recipe’s spicy twist on traditionally prepared brussels sprouts will have your mouth watering for more. Yes, more brussels sprouts! Brussels sprouts contain high amounts of fiber while only delivering a few calories making them a perfect waistline watching food. Also, one cup of these little green gems contains more vitamin C than an orange! So, the next time you are feeling the sniffles coming on, whip up some spicy sprouts.