Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In large bowl, combine kale, canola oil and garlic, tossing to coat. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Transfer to small baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
* This recipe was developed exclusively for Canola Council of Canada
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Kale is a rock star in the produce aisle and quite the popular kid on the block lately! These baked “chips” will even appeal to kids—and what a great way to get them to eat their vitamins A, C and K. Fat aids in the absorption of kale’s fat-soluble vitamins making the combination of canola oil and kale a perfect match here. The crunch with a peppery kick will have you hooked for sure!