Time: 15 minutes
- ½ pound snow peas
- 1 ½ pounds Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Blanch snow peas for 15 seconds and then transfer to ice bath.
3. Mix all ingredients together, toss, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve chilled.
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
This crunchy slaw is a great way to include more super healthful cruciferous (meaning cross shaped flowers) veggies into your routine. The mild flavor of nappa cabbage blends well with the rest of the ingredients in this mix. Cabbage is well regarded in the nutrition world for its cancer fighting powers. Over 475 studies have shown cabbage to be SO rich … in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory molecules, and glucosinolates that is. So if we don’t have you convinced yet, just one bite definitely will. This crisp slaw will be a hit as a light side for your slim summer BBQ.