Time: 25 minutes
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds, shelled and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sage, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken tenders (2 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed kale, cut into 1 1⁄2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Coat baking sheet with canola oil cooking spray.
2. Place egg white in shallow bowl. Combine sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, sage, and black pepper in another small bowl.
3. Using a fork, dip tenders in egg white to coat both sides, then dip in sesame seed mixture, coating both sides. Transfer to one half of baking sheet and mist surface of chicken with cooking spray. Flip tenders with fork and mist other side.
4. Combine kale, garlic, oil, and sesame seeds in small bowl, tossing to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to other half of baking sheet. (Note: Kale does not need to be in single layer.)
5. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and kale is crisp and edges are browned. Flip tenders and toss kale halfway through cooking time.
6. Combine mustard and honey in small bowl and serve as dipping sauce for tenders.