Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 slices fresh, crusty whole-wheat bread or baguette
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. In small bowl, combine canola oil and garlic. Brush bread slices equally with mixture.
2. Sprinkle equally with parmesan cheese and broil 3-5 minutes until toasted.
* This recipe was developed exclusively for Canola Council of Canada
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Vampires cower at its sight, boys may run and hide from its lingering odor and tumors may halt due to its power… Garlic! Garlic has been shown to slow or even stop the growth of tumors in the prostate, bladder, colon, and stomach tissue. Need any more reason to get your daily dose of garlic? It tastes delish! This quick and simple recipe mixes the sharp taste of garlic with the crumbly texture of Parmesan for a flavorful crostini to complement soup or to eat alone as a snack.