Time: 25 minutes
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cup corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 1/4 fresh parsley, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Pacific/Alaskan halibut fillets (4 ounces each), rinsed and pat dry
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F and place oven rack in upper third of oven.
2. Coat two baking sheets with canola oil cooking spray and set aside.
3. Place flour in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine egg whites and milk. In third shallow bowl, combine corn flakes and parsley.
4. Sprinkle halibut with pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Lightly dust each fish fillet with flour, dip in egg mixture,
then coat with corn flake-parsley mixture. Place on baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle each fillet with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes when pulled apart with fork.
6. Serve warm with fresh lemon wedge.
**This recipe was developed exclusively for the Canola Council of Canada**
WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
Not only does this recipe have a crunchy texture and flavorful kick to it, it’s great for your heart too. Halibut contains high levels of selenium, magnesium, potassium, B vitamins and of course omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to improve cardiovascular health and to reduce inflammation. Paired with the abundance of magnesium, which can improve blood flow, halibut is a surefire heart healthy fish. So, go ahead and eat up—your heart will thank you for it!