- 2 Tbsp fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped, shelled, raw pistachios
- 1 Tbsp steeped green tea, cooled to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup frozen, shelled edamame
- ½ cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radishes
- To make the dressing: Place the yogurt, pistachios, tea, onion, parsley, vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To make the salad: Defrost the edamame in the microwave according to the package directions. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Toss the edamame, celery, artichoke hearts, and radishes with the dressing and serve.
Why we love this recipe:
This beautiful salad is like a perfect summer day with all its shades of green. Not only is it full of powerful vitamins and minerals with antioxidant power, but the edamame supplies a healthy dose of protein. Even if you are not vegan or vegetarian, we recommend a few veggie meals per week. This is a good healthy habit for you and the environment. The yogurt and nuts in the dressing supply protein while the green tea adds a dose of antioxidant power that just may protect your heart and your skin from the sun. Fiber packed artichokes and crunchy celery and radishes help to make this not only super tasty but wonderfully filling.