We believe in a ‘whole person’ approach to nutrition. No gimmicks, no liquid cleansing, no starvation plans, no cookie-cutter diets. Rather, we believe people should be eating REAL food in a way that fits into REAL lifestyles. And because everybody likes different kinds of foods and lives different kinds of lifestyles, we create customized plans that work for YOU. Whether you are out with clients every night for work, running around after kids all day at home, training for your next marathon, looking to live just a little bit healthier, or if you fall anywhere in between, we’ve got you covered. OUR goal is to help you reach YOUR goal…and with decades of experience among our team, we’ve proven we can do it!
4- and 8-Session Programs*
No matter what your goal is, you will receive:
- A CUSTOMIZED plan that works with YOUR lifestyle. Our dietitians take a thorough history and provide you with an individualized meal plan at your second session. No ‘one-size-fits-all’ cookie cutter diets. Ever.
- Nutrition education that pertains to YOU. Everybody is different. We recognize and embrace this, and make sure we provide information relevant to YOU.
- A “go to” plan.Attainable suggestions will keep you prepared for every situation you may find yourself in, any time of day, anywhere in the world.
- Support and accountability. You will have access to your dietitian via phone and email in between appointments. We do our best to keep you on track when you are deciding between products at the grocery store, perusing a restaurant’s menu, and everywhere in between.
- Personalized grocery shopping list. We do everything we can to simplify your life and help you reach your goals.
- Invitations to our support groups. You don’t have to do this alone if you don’t want to. Sometimes the support of others is a perfect way to stay motivated.
*Please note: attaining your goals may take some time. Longer duration packages and payment plans are available.
We also offer one-time consultations for those who are looking to dip their toe into a Nutritious Life before they commit to jumping in! (Due to the time constraints of one-time consultations, we only offer personalized plans with the 4 and 8 session programs.)
Phone, Skype, and In-Home/Office Consultations
We have Registered Dietitians available in our office or via phone/Skype weekdays from 8am-8pm. For an additional fee, we will even come to your Manhattan home or office!
If any of these below sound like you, contact us today…we can help!
We know how difficult it can be to lose weight, whether it’s the 5 lbs. that recently crept on or the lifelong battle with which you’ve always struggled. Let our team of experts help you make sustainable lifestyle changes so you can lose the weight and learn how to keep it off:
- “I have tried every diet on the planet, and none of them work. I can’t seem to lose weight!”
- “I am your classic yo-yo dieter. I lose 20 pounds, only to gain back 30 pounds a few months later.”
- “My job is so stressful. I don’t have time to prepare healthy meals or even think about what I need to eat. I just grab the fastest thing.”
- “I eat when I am stressed, sad, happy, bored, you name it. I always seem to turn to food, and I have always wanted to lose weight.”
- “I am always on some sort of diet. I just want to feel like I am not on a diet anymore, but I still would like to lose 5-10 pounds.”
- “I have to entertain clients several times a week, so I am constantly at restaurants. I don’t think I will ever be able to lose weight unless I get a new job!”
- “I am shuffling my kids everywhere all day long…I don’t have time to worry about me. I usually eat whatever is left on their plates!”
- “I gained the ‘freshman 15’ and never lost it.”
- “I feel like I will never lose these 50 pounds, no matter what I do. I feel hopeless.”
- “I am going on vacation in a month and want to look fabulous. Help!”
- “Ever since I went through menopause, I cannot seem to get rid of this extra weight.”
- “I don’t want my social life to suffer by being on a ‘diet’!”
- “I HATE to cook…I keep my shoes in my oven.”
- “I LOVE to cook…I am obsessed with food and think about it 24/7.”
- “I spend half my week in airports and find it nearly impossible to eat healthy while traveling, staying in hotels, and changing time zones constantly.”
LIFESTYLE, WELLNESS AND BEAUTY
Aimed at those who want to learn how to eat right to stay young, healthy and beautiful!
- “Let’s get real, I am just getting older and I want to stay youthful for as long as I can!”
- “I have no energy …I am so tired all of the time.”
- “I am in my 40s and still have skin problems.”
- “With all the nutrition information out there, it is hard to know what is real and reliable. I think I am eating well, but I could use some expert advice.”
- “I find myself struggling with energy, sex drive, memory and I just don’t look my best. Can a new food plan help with these things?”
PRE NATAL AND POST NATAL
Created for pregnant women and new moms who need to pay attention to nutrition more than ever.
- “Help me get this baby weight off!!!”
- “I am newly pregnant! I want to make sure I am eating the right things throughout my pregnancy.”
- “I don’t want to gain too much weight while pregnant so that I don’t have a hard time getting the weight off once the baby arrives.”
- “I am breastfeeding…can you put me on a nutritious plan during this time?”
- “I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes…what do I do?”
FAMILY AND KIDS
Got picky eaters? Dealing with food allergies? Underweight or overweight kids? Want to put the whole family on a better path? No problem!
- “I CANNOT get my kids to eat their veggies. HELP!”
- “My son is dealing with food allergies and I don’t know what to feed him anymore.”
- “I am worried my daughter is developing some unhealthy habits and I don’t want her on the road to an eating disorder.”
- “My son has a lot of problems with food texture, and I can’t seem to get him to eat anything other than 1 or 2 foods.”
- “My toddler is showing signs of being overweight. I want to help without giving him/her a complex.”
- “My daughter is gaining weight and her self-esteem is suffering. Help!”
- “I am confused with all the advice on introducing solid foods and progressing my baby’s diet.”
- “My child is constantly having stomach aches. What is going on?”
- “I come home from work and I have to feed 5 people, who all want to eat different things for dinner. I need help!”
- “My son used to be such a good eater, and then everything changed. Now he seems to only eat 5 of his favorite foods.”
Whether your goal is to increase lean muscle mass, gain or lose weight, or excel in your next race, allow us to help you achieve maximum performance in your sport.
- “I am training for my first marathon and I want to be sure I am fueling my body correctly.”
- “I am in good shape, but I want to get ripped.”
- “I have been doing triathlons for years but I want to take it to the next level…can you help me with the proper diet?”
- “I would like to get into my best shape ever. I am working with a personal trainer but I need an expert to help me with the nutrition piece.”
Every bride deserves to look and feel her best for her wedding day. Whether your special day is over a year away or just around the corner, we offer different bridal packages to meet your needs. Our couple’s package will ensure you and your fiancé are feeling fabulous for your big day.
- “I just got engaged and need to lose 20 lbs. before my wedding.”
- “I’ve been so stressed with the wedding planning; I’m not eating well and I’m afraid that my dress won’t fit properly.”
- “My fiancé and I want to lose weight for the wedding but also want to learn how to cook healthy meals when we are married.”
Bridal Prep for the Big Day:
- Two 60 minute sessions to get the bride feeling slim, calm, and sexy for her big day!
Bridal Cram Package:
- Two 60 minute sessions
- 30 minute prep for the big day session
- 1 week of Nutritious Life Meals
Bridal Weight Loss Package:
- Two 1 hour sessions and six 30 minute sessions, with a personalized plan
- 30 minute prep for the big day session
- 31 days Nutritious Life Meals
Bride + Groom Package:
- Four 60 minute sessions and twelve 30 minute sessions, with personalized plans for each
- Two 30 minute prep for the big day sessions
- 31 days of Nutritious Life Meals for each
DISEASE MANAGEMENT AND PREVENTION
Diet plays a huge role in the prevention and management of both acute and chronic diseases. A nutrition program tailored to your specific medical needs as part of your disease treatment can help alleviate symptoms and minimize side effects of medications. Your family and loved ones who share your home can be incorporated to maximize effectiveness for the whole family.
Proper diet and exercise are key components to prevention and treatment of various cardiovascular diseases. We will educate you about the relationship between nutrition and cardiovascular disease as well as design a meal plan tailored to your specific needs.
- “Heart disease runs in my family and I want to do whatever I can to avoid anything happening to me.”
- “My doctor told me my bad cholesterol is too high and I don’t know what foods I can eat.”
- “I have elevated blood pressure and I know I need to get it under control through a healthier lifestyle but don’t know where to start.”
- “I have heard that having metabolic syndrome puts me at high risk for heart disease and diabetes, and I want to do what I can now to prevent the onset of disease later in life”
Whether you have been diagnosed with celiac disease, IBS, or even just "sensitive" stomach, we will educate you on proper nutrition to minimize you symptoms and develop a customized meal plan for you.
- “I have recently been diagnosed with celiac disease, so I need to figure out a whole new way of eating.”
- “My Crohn’s disease keeps flaring up and I need help managing my symptoms.”
- “I was just diagnosed with diverticulitis and I am not sure which foods I should avoid and which I should consume more of.”
- “I have irritable bowel syndrome, and I have really been struggling with what to eat lately because of it.”
Recovering from an eating disorder or disordered eating can be challenging both emotionally and physically. We will work with you to achieve a well-balanced, nutritious lifestyle to help establish healthy eating patterns.
- “I have a history of bulimia and need support in developing a healthy relationship with food.”
- “I have never been officially diagnosed with an eating disorder, but at times I feel out of control and think I might be a binge eater.”
- “I don’t want to obsess about calories anymore.”
Diet has long been recognized as the cornerstone of diabetes management.
We will work together to educate you as well as to develop a meal plan that fits your lifestyle and food preferences to help keep your diabetes under control.
- “I am diabetic and my blood sugars are out of control.”
- “My doctor just diagnosed me with pre-diabetes. I want to make sure I do not develop diabetes.”
- “Do I have to stop eating carbs forever now that I have been diagnosed with diabetes?”
- “I know I am at risk for developing diabetes because it runs in my family. I want to learn how to eat well now to prevent developing it myself.”
MEN'S NUTRITION COUNSELING
Men’s health and wellness is addressed through an individualized plan that factors in genetics, lifestyle, food and exercise habits, and personal goals. We’ll look at everything from clinical issues to sleep. We tailor an approach to maximize male health and wellness. Yes, you can lose weight without having to eat tiny salads and drink pink smoothies all day, we promise!
- “I’m pretty much at my desk all day long. Meals are difficult for me to get in, so I end up snacking out of the vending machine all day.”
- “I eat out a lot, and it is hard to eat well when I am entertaining clients.”
- “I’m just so tired at the end of the day. It is hard to get the exercise I know I need.”
- “My dad had a heart attack at 50, and I am afraid I will have one, too.”
- “I’m a big guy! I need to eat A LOT!”
- “Salads and plain veggies are not going to cut it for me.”
- “I can’t cook, and I don’t want to learn how. But I would like to be able to have a healthy meal at home.”
Employee Wellness Programs are essential to the long-term viability of businesses. Research shows they provide a positive return on investment for companies as they reduce health care costs, and absenteeism, and improve employee productivity.
We design Wellness Programs for companies and their employees to help combat these challenges. Do you have colleagues who could benefit from A Nutritious Life Registered Dietitian? Would you like Nutritious Life to come to your or your spouse’s office? Help us get in touch with your HR department and we can set up a Wellness Program specific to your company’s needs!
NUTRITION AT HOME WITH KERI
Enjoy personalized services in your home, even if you're not local to New York City.
Skype with a Nutritious Life Dietitian
Don't live locally? No big deal! Keri Glassman, Nutritious Life, offers services using Skype.
We can’t eat every meal with you but we can hold your hand through a tour of the supermarket. Keri Glassman, Nutritious Life has created a comprehensive grocery store tour to help you better navigate the aisles. On the tour we will show you:
- What to look for
- What to avoid
- How to read nutrition labels
- How to scout for our favorite products.
You will also receive a shopping list and helpful tips for when you are on your own in the store. Come take the tour with us and help make your next trip to the grocery store easy and stress-free!
Grocery Store tours are regularly offered Tuesdays from 12-1pm, and Wednesdays from 7-8pm. We are also happy to work around your schedule if you prefer a different day/time!
Let us take the guess work out of grocery shopping and the clutter out of your pantry. Keri Glassman, Nutritious Life has created a new “Pantry Makeover” service that will do more than provide you with the knowledge to make better choices in the grocery store—we will organize your pantry in your home! One of our Registered Dietitians will meet with you in your home to clean out your pantry and create a grocery list for you and your family. The two of you will then go to the grocery store together. Back in your home, the new groceries will be put away in an organized manner that will make food preparation easy and healthy living simple, fast and even fun!
Support groups are offered to our clients on the first Monday of every month. Emotional support and encouragement is critical when trying to lose weight. Our weight loss support group offers a great opportunity to share your achievements and frustrations with others who have the same goal. This camaraderie can help you avoid pitfalls, such as emotional eating or lack of motivation, and keep you on track to achieve success and sustain optimal health.